Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,011   Online: 691

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Henry Fox Talbot
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Colley View Post
    Henry Fox Talbot
    If Henry Fox Talbot is a living photographer, he must be really, really old by now

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    he lives!

but I guess my reading skills dont
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't think I could limit myself to one. I have had the pleasure to meet many wonderful photographers and not all of them known. Its the dialog I enjoy the best with all. Either here on APUG or through email or by calling.
    Almost all have openned their homes, shared their work and thoughts on photography. That is the best way of education for me.
    Happy Holidays to you all.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To my way of thinking John Sexton would do quite well in all categories mentioned.

Charlie..............................

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would have to say either Kerik or Michael Kenna.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to invite George Tice. What I think would make him such a worthy visiting artist is his gift for finding the special in the close to home, and everyday. That kind of gift is inspiring and would likely impart to students the motivation to look with renewed intensity at their immediate environment. Plus the fact that he's accessible and makes gorgeous prints (like Caponigro cited above). Of course, with all that going for him, other faculty would probably object because they'd be hard pressed to spin a fabric of art-speak theoretical kaka about what he does.......oh well! (I still want to be king though...okay?)
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not meant to blow smoke up his butt, but I would pick our own Sam Portera. Not only does he demonstrate fine mechanical skills in both large and small format as well as producing terrific prints, but he could teach the students something about persevering through adversity, and finding catharsis through the creation of art.

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jeff Wall would be pretty interesting. However, it could get kinda tricky exhibiting the most interesting parts of his work. I mean..those lighboxes are huge!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd like choose "Early Riser".

If I am a King in the fantasy world, I'd like to wake up Wynn Bullock, he is my favorite.

Alex W.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin