Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,607   Online: 1044

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

John Sexton Interview

Sexton talks about himself, digital photography, and publishing his work. listen to the podcast at:

http://www.jirvana.com/dop_podcasts/John_Sexton3.mp3
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quisling! Heretic! Sexton fails to reject digital as the work of the devil!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link. The fact his publisher was uninterested in his recent book should give anyone hoping to find a publisher a big hint. Doing it yourself is definitely the wave of the future. The candid nature of this interview should also give those thinking they are going to get rich or even make a living from their photographs something more to think about.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my most far-fetched dreams, I make enough from my photography to support my habit. And that...is crazy talk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    In my most far-fetched dreams, I make enough from my photography to support my habit.
    A great place to start. Then anything more will be a pleasant surprise.

Bill

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the link. I wish I had more time for commenting. John mentioned one point that large format film sales has actually increased over past few years. The sounds good, but how do we keep it growing so that there is enough of a client base for companies to keep producing supplies and at the highest quality?

Is the sale of prints, all subject matter included, all there is for a market in analog photography?
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jstraw
    "Quisling! Heretic! Sexton fails to reject digital as the work of the devil!"

Why work of devil?
    Digital is just different medium than photography, and will be cursed as long as one undestand that. I do not use it, and do not see use of it, I do not see as complimentary to deal with it, but I am sure it did an excellent job for photography. On another hand users of that medium, and manufacturers of the equipment, try to penetrate it into photography for the business sake, which is different story.

www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_OB View Post
    Jstraw
    "Quisling! Heretic! Sexton fails to reject digital as the work of the devil!"

Why work of devil?.

www.Leica-R.com
    I'm pretty sure he was being funny. It made me laugh anyway. At least he didn't call for digigraphers to be 'Sadamed'! (Not everyone remembers, or chooses to use emoticons ya know!)
    John Voss

My Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin