Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,735   Online: 901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dorothy and Kerik, You may want to check with who handles Sally Mann's book sales and see if the dvd is being offered as well. It is a HBO production. Just a thought. Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From June 21, we can see her prints in Oslo http://www.stenersen.museum.no/utsti...r_kommende.htm
    Amund

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amund View Post
    Beeing the impatient one, I booked a train ride to Stockholm tomorrow morning

Hey Amund,

I hope that you enjoy the show. I think that I've seen her work in galleries 4 times now (the last being in the summer of 2005 just before the M&P workshop). I still have mixed feelings on the large prints from the wetplates. I was able to recognize the places (I have spent alot of time over the past 30 years on those same battlefields). I can also relate somewhat to the tone of the photos themselves. But I don't think that it is her strongest work.

I am glad that she is so popular over there. An Art Professor friend and I had an entire gallery to ourselves when we went to see her work (the show had been up for 3 weeks at that point and it was the middle of the day).

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin