Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,272   Posts: 1,534,535   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, he's doing albumen now. I saw one of his albumen prints from a 20x24" neg. Of a sheep. He's a very inspirational person to meet and talk to - if you need someone to revive your photographic energies, taking a seminar from John is just the ticket, because his passion and creativity come through so wonderfully.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Blind client in bondi

This is Amazing! I had no idea more than one blind person would be taking photographs. I say more than one because I used to work in a small lab in bondi and you could be guaranteed once a week there was a woman called samantha and she was blind. She would some in with her dog and leave one roll of film from a kodak disposable camera. I was always puzzled by this until one day my curiosity got the better of me I was young and rude and asked. Do you take these pictures? and she replied yes. and I was totally puzzled. (mind you the images indicated one of two things she either couldn't see or had no idea how to compose an image. well she took photographs because other people could see them. And she enjoyed showing other people where she had been and who she had photographed because they would talk to her about the places and she could hear more about how they looked etc and recount her experience of the place with them. That was about 6 years ago now, but she was an awesome lady.

Shooter
    35mm
    A friend and former colleague is legally blind (macular degeneration). He was into photography in his younger days when he could see, and decided to get back into it.

With his Olympus E-volt something-or-other and autofocus, he's taken some really nice shots.

Once, just to see what it would look like, he tried manually focusing - it was a bright sunset scene - it was interesting to see what he saw, as it were, but because of the extreme out-of-focus-ness and the brightness, it made my eyes water. I told him he should do a series of these for the national blind organization, to give other people an idea of what vision loss looks like.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mabman View Post
    A friend and former colleague is legally blind (macular degeneration). He was into photography in his younger days when he could see, and decided to get back into it.

With his Olympus E-volt something-or-other and autofocus, he's taken some really nice shots.

Once, just to see what it would look like, he tried manually focusing - it was a bright sunset scene - it was interesting to see what he saw, as it were, but because of the extreme out-of-focus-ness and the brightness, it made my eyes water. I told him he should do a series of these for the national blind organization, to give other people an idea of what vision loss looks like.
    That's a project I've been working on sporadically for the last few years. My vision is currently estimated at around 20/6000, correctable to 20/40 on a good day. Without my contacts, I can only read a book if the pages touch my nose.

- CJ

Images
    Anyone who doubts that there are a great many blind photographers, should take a look at the images posted daily by the thousands on photo.net.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bill- that's evil

Are you sure you mean blind, and not just stupid?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin