Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,483   Online: 835

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet View Post
    ...or maybe the first 10,000 to make it off the media from your camera. I can see someone shooting 100,000 images, chimping & deleting 95,000 of them and only saving 5,000 of them on other media.

-KwM-
    You could probably say the same about analog photo: until you've printed your 10k in your darkroom, you don't know about photo.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I heard it as a Cartier-Bresson quote, but who knows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I actually did it.

After taking money out of my first ever pay-cheque to buy the first camera, a Practika fx3, I figured that the best way to really learn photography was to make lots of exposures and take note of the successes and failures. The local camera store ran a B&W darkroom and they developed my film, usually HP-4, and made a contact sheet all for A$1.50.

I was on my way and about 300 rolls of 36 exp later I felt ready to tackle Kodachrome and a home darkroom.

Looking at those old negatives and contact sheets convinces me I went about things the wrong way. I should have done a proper photography course with a good teacher. Ten thousand photographs, many featuring the cat and the dog, are a sign of inefficiency not diligence.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin