Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,434   Online: 826

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightranger View Post
    nothing but a commie. Made millions and hates the U.S.
    You wouldn't be a "G-Man" listener..would you?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Belafonte and his Nikons

I remember seeing Harry toting two Nikon F's around his neck...one had a 300mm f/4.5 Nikkor and the other had the monster 85-250 Nikkor. One body had the F-36 Motor Drive and the other body had the F-250 Motor Drive attached!
    He looked awesome, wearing tie-dyes and a cowboy hat. It was early June 1966 or 1967 in Central Park at an Anti-Viet-Nam War demonstration. I was covering it for my college newspaper and was shooting old Ilford HP-S with an 18mm Rokkor on a Minolta SR7. I still have the negs...beautiful memories!

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A drink of rum can sure go a loooonnnng way
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Long live Harry, long live Hugo and the rest of the company... may they be there forever to piss you off and make you miserabe (for no real reason, only because they exist), you miserable rats. (now move this to the soapbox, where the miserable people have managed to make it belong).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    Long live Harry, long live Hugo and the rest of the company... may they be there forever to piss you off and make you miserabe (for no real reason, only because they exist), you miserable rats. (now move this to the soapbox, where the miserable people have managed to make it belong).
    Hear hear!
    I'm with you George!

Belafonte was the very first CD we bought with the very first CD player. My whole family are fans.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Hear hear!
    I'm with you George!
    I never knew anything about his politics until I read some of this stuff, which leads me to suspect that his importance in fomenting international revolution may have been overstated. Very entertaining singer, though!

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by RAP View Post
    A drink of rum can sure go a loooonnnng way
    Ah, drinkin' de TING, mon!

For those not blessed with friends from the Islands, de TING is overproof rum, preferably Barbadian or Jamaican. I had to go and pour myself a glass to celebrate his birthday.

Cheers,

R.
    Last edited by Roger Hicks; 03-03-2007 at 05:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I personally just like to piss off those who are stuck in Cold War mentallity, I don't follow traditional ideologies.
    But, we are turning the thread into a political one just to please them.
    Happy birthday Harry!
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I personally just like to piss off those who are stuck in Cold War mentallity, I don't follow traditional ideologies.
    Happy birthday Harry!
    Dear Aristotelis,

I couldn't agree more.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Happy birthday Harry!
    Quite honestly there's almost nothing anyone here can say that would piss me off. However, I suspect you really don't know what's going on in Venezuela. I do because I live with a Venezuelan woman and have traveled there several times and I have lots of friends who live there and I hear about all of the things he's doing to chip away at the legal/political system and is slowly becoming a dictator. I've met a woman (or her husband who is a pediatrician) who is not allowed to be hired by any company by law because she campaigned for the opposition in one of the former presidential elections. I've met people who are forced to allow any homeless person that walks by to live with them just because there are extra bedrooms in the house not being used. I've met people who have had houses taken away and give to others just because it was vacation house and not something they lived in all the time.

Lots of bad things going on down there now. Whether you agree with me or not, I really don't care.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin