Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,100   Online: 968

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post
    I'll be sure to remember that from now on when I go out drinking in seedy waterfront bars.
    Daaaayyyy - Oh
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Whisky is sometimes aged in old cognac barrels, not that that has anything to do with Harry Belafonte or his photography, as far as I know.
    Well, after a slug of seriously mega proof falling down water my voice probably sounds a lot like Harry's.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Better than finding a slug in the falling down water. Never tried any of those worms either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post
    I'll be sure to remember that from now on when I go out drinking in seedy waterfront bars. Waking up on a Whaling Ship out at Sea is bad enough without having to deal with a raging hangover.
    Hate it when that happens.

Given my family heritage, really should know more about the process, but as I understand it a single malt will produce less Belafonte than the rough stuff?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum View Post
    Given my family heritage, really should know more about the process, but as I understand it a single malt will produce less Belafonte than the rough stuff?
    I have friends that swear that if you just drink Scotch you'll never get a hangover. Personally, I've never really cared for the stuff. It seems that everyone harbors at least one seldom told story about "That Night" involving Tequila. It seems to me that anytime Sugar meets Alcohol, ie Daquiris, Pina Coladas, Rum and Cokes etc., a very bad morning after is a certainty.
    What was the topic again?
    Oh Yeah, Happy Birthday Harry. Watch out for those Tropical drinks.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum View Post
    Better than finding a slug in the falling down water. Never tried any of those worms either.

Hate it when that happens.

Dunno, but I had a shot or two of single malt Glenff in Barbados recently about 4 nights in a row. No hangover but Zantac requiring heartburn. And any liquor will wake you up at 2 am - assuming you have gone to sleep of course
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    Long live Harry, long live Hugo and the rest of the company... may they be there forever to piss you off and make you miserabe (for no real reason, only because they exist), you miserable rats. (now move this to the soapbox, where the miserable people have managed to make it belong).
    The only miserable rats are the poor people who now live under Hugo's rule and people who follow his beliefs. Living FREE and HAPPY, It's a great life and getting better.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by lightranger View Post
    . Living FREE and HAPPY, It's a great life and getting better.
    It's surprising how many countries allow you to live free and happy, if you aren't too narrow-minded and either loony left or loony right. And it's equally surprising which countries make it most difficult, if you compare the reality and the rhetoric.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only miserable rats are the poor people who now live under Hugo's rule and people who follow his beliefs. Living FREE and HAPPY, It's a great life and getting better.

If only I'd bought KBR when you did. *sigh*
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    It's surprising how many countries allow you to live free and happy, if you aren't too narrow-minded and either loony left or loony right. And it's equally surprising which countries make it most difficult, if you compare the reality and the rhetoric.

Cheers,

R.
    You are right. There are many countries that allow people to live free and happy, and I am blessed to live in one. The natural yearning to be free is shared by all people, regardless of culture. Nobody wants to live a life of oppression and strife. But sadly many people do, and it is people like Chavez that force people into that kind of life. This is a photography site so I will get off my political soapbox and enjoy the topic of photography which is the reason why we are all here. So Happy birthday Harry, oh that hurts.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There are many countries that allow people to live free and happy, and I am blessed to live in one
    Without wishing to be too soap-boxy, people can often be persuaded that they live free (and therefore perceive themselves to be happy) in the teeth of the evidence. Many people who have told me they live in 'free' countries seem to me to have been somewhat unclear on the concept of freedom.

Then again, a survey a while back suggested that the Maltese were the happiest nation in earth, and they are probably one of the freest -- though this may be a reaction to the oppressive church presence when I lived there 50 years ago as a boy, and voting for the Labour Party was declared to be a sin to be confessed...

Cheers,

R.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin