Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,873   Online: 1058

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    ..... Many people who have told me they live in 'free' countries seem to me to have been somewhat unclear on the concept of freedom.

Cheers,

R.
    What all this has to do with Harry Belafonte is beyond me, but as to Roger's point above. On the most basic level, I would define a "free country" as one that I can choose to remain in or leave without any intereference from anyone in authority.

Meanwhile, given the length of this thread, I guess I can only offer Harry a belated Happy Birthday. Hope he had a hell of a great party!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    What all this has to do with Harry Belafonte is beyond me, but as to Roger's point above. On the most basic level, I would define a "free country" as one that I can choose to remain in or leave without any intereference from anyone in authority.

Meanwhile, given the length of this thread, I guess I can only offer Harry a belated Happy Birthday. Hope he had a hell of a great party!
    Dear George,

I don't think there are ANY free countries, at that point, because you generally need a passport or (within the Schengen Accord countries) at least an identity card -- assuming you want to get back in, that is.

But you're right, it's a long way from Harry's birthday.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    [QUOTE=copake_ham;440554]What all this has to do with Harry Belafonte is beyond me

Because Harry was over in Venezuela hugging Hugo.
    Last edited by lightranger; 03-09-2007 at 05:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    [QUOTE=lightranger;440653]
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    What all this has to do with Harry Belafonte is beyond me

Because he was over in Venezuela hugging Hugo.
    Well Hugo's not my idea of a "main squeeze"; but no worse than huggin' "W", I suppose....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    H.B., H.B.!!!! A good man who has done good things. Hope I can say that of myself when I hit 80!

Vaughn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    [QUOTE=copake_ham;440656]
    Quote Originally Posted by lightranger View Post

Well Hugo's not my idea of a "main squeeze"; but no worse than huggin' "W", I suppose....
    Yeah, you are probably right, but can you imagine Hugo hugging Hillary? Even Bill gave up on that. I'm sorry I couldn't resist. I need to get back into my darkroom.
    Last edited by lightranger; 03-09-2007 at 06:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did anyone hear this morning's BBC The Interview with Harry this morning? I'm wondering why my radios went curiously silent during the last part.

Isn't it civilized that when folks don't like someone (other than his singing) everyone turns to drink.
    Just read a dissertation on 'painters and plumber's colic' caused by lead poisoning from lead coils in ancient stills.
    Fortunately in a coral island lead plumbing is quickly lined with calcium carbonate deposits or I'd be gone to the happy hunting ground a long time ago. I'm forgetting the lead glazed water monkeys and corrugated asbestos sheets I cut and fitted in my youth. Now if I could only find my Cadmium Yellow printing ink! And I need some red lead caulking for these pipes and my dinghy.
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Did anyone hear this morning's BBC The Interview with Harry this morning? I'm wondering why my radios went curiously silent during the last part.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/pr...nterview.shtml

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin