Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,422   Online: 856

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Ole

Has anyone heard from him recently? Given the news about a ship capsizing in the North Sea (where he works) I'm concerned about him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, what type of ship capsized in the north sea? An oil rig service ship? It's possible the Ole is out on a rig and is just unable to log on. I believe he goes out for 2 weeks at a time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The missing people are, as I understand it, members of the crew of a support boat, not rig personnel. Still a tragic loss, of course.
    http://news.aol.co.uk/capsized-fathe...13003009990005

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm back!!!

I wasn't in the North Sea at all, but in nice, sunny northern Italy.

I may be going out to a rig again before I get a chance to develop the films I shot, though...

Thanks for your concern.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Best news of the week ...well, of the past few minutes, anyway

Glad you're safe.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Welcome back -- though come to think of it, where would you rather be, this time of year...?

Of course it's a tragedy regardless of who's involved (well, bar a few mishaps one might fantasize about happening to certain politicians, and even then you can feel sorry for their families) but we're all glad it wasn't you...

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    So here we were, all worried about you. Planning for the horrible possibility of holding an APUG memorial service. And you were down in sunny Italy on holiday!

Actually, as I read your response post I recalled you said in another thread that you were heading there for a few days. So you are forgiven for causing us such great worry!

Stay safe and post some of those pics when you get the chance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome back! Good to know that you are safe. Hope you had a good time in Italy....

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had a very nice time!

First a couple of days in a small village outside Asti (in Piemonte, known especially for it's Spumante and Barbera wines, but also great Ruché, Grignolino, Moscato, and about 50 other types). The village was so small it had only three streets, but in one of them was an astonishingly good restaurant (the only one in the village).

Then on to Genova for three nights in a hotel in an old Palazzo - with a great 16th century fresco in the ceiling above our bed. Even more good food and wine.

Last night was spent in Milano, including a "Night at the Opera". Il Teatro della Scala may be one of the least audience-friendly in the world, and the particular opera running now may be one of the most hopelessly operatic of all times, but it was still a great experience (even for a former opera singer)!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here we're all worrying about Ole and he's off galavanting around italy. Shame on you for making us worry. Glad your home and safe, hope you had a grand time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin