Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 776

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Who's your favorite photographer, and why?

Images
    Favorites...
    Gordon Parks
    Anton Corjbin
    Sebastiao Salgado

Do any of these guys need explaination?

Didn't think so!
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ansel Adams

I just can't imagine the medium without his collection of work. I think he was the ultimate combination of dedication and artistic execution. I look to the man, and his work as an inspiration. Whether people admire him or not, one thing can not be argued- That is he completely achieved his photographic vision. Think about that. It's hard to imagine I could ever come close to such an accomplishment, but knowing someone else has gives me added confidence in my own work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Tom Till. Marvelous color work of the Southwest, and lots of big prints with some real 'life' (or emotion) to them.

I think it's very interesting that you mention Tom Till. I first saw his images a long time ago, but never expected him to be listed as somebody's favorite photographer, because he isn't as well-known as many others are.

Based on my interest in lifestyle (magazine) photography, I'd say that Sang An is one of my current favorites. This is so because he regularly bases his exposures on the shadows (more so than other photographers do), and because his compositions are more abstract than those of some other photographers. I think that these things create images that are more idyllic than those of other photographers.

I just took a look at Tom Tills website. I'm not familiar with the locations he has covered, with the exception of the tulips from Holland. Are those colors real? or are they exaggerated?

I cannot image a place on earth with such intense natural colors....

- William Levitt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Most of Tom Till's stuff looks very real, and shot on Velvia film, and caught at a great moment of light. I don't know about the flowers, but I've got many examples of Velvia's high contrast bringing up the luminosity of the bright petals by darkening the green foliage. Some of his stuff looks like a warming filter was used, but the colors don't appear pumped-up beyond what Velvia did.

Living: Josef Koudelka
    Not Living: Lisette Model

LD Horricks
    Prague, Czech Republic
    LD Horricks
    Prague,Czech Republic

There is no way to choose a favorite. All I can do is list a few I admire.

Don Worth - http://www.photographywest.com/pages/curre...on2_photos.html

Joseph Sudek - like Stieglitz he printed too heavily for my taste, but his vision was imcomparable

Edouard Steichen - his early work, particularly the gum prints

Edward Weston

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin