Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,918   Posts: 1,521,930   Online: 1108

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I think it's fake but there's nothing wrong with that. It's a modern version of them huge grasshopper postcard photos from a bunch of years ago.
    pretty much how I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    This image looks worked I did a similar dramatic effect on a landscape based in Australia. It can be done in darkroom and more easily in photoshop. If I were printing it from the Transperancy in the darkroom I would look at masking off the sky to ensure it is going to print black then expose the image for the fore ground and then in a third step burn in the yellow glow with a different filtration. I don't know the location in this shot, but would love the photographer to share more information as to the images creation. I really like this image and I love images that make us think.

~steve
    If it were a neg I see it as 2 colour burns with a major 3rd burn for the sky/mountains whatever it is. On an image this broad it wouldn't be that difficult. I see this as being more graphic art than 'Fine Art' whether it is photoshoped or darkroom manipulated.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath View Post
    do we accept and value darkroom manipulation more than we do digital manipulation?
    I don't accept any manipulation when it comes to nature.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    What about Pamela Anderson?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    What about Pamela Anderson?
    Gee..... :o Can't argue with that one.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what about colour filters, graduated filters, lens selection, film selection, exposure control, perspective, lens selection, time of day, printing control, subject choice, etc, etc, ......

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    what about colour filters, graduated filters, lens selection, film selection, exposure control, perspective, lens selection, time of day, printing control, subject choice, etc, etc, ......
    I don't use various techniques to manipulate an image, only to make the film see what I see.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ... to make the film see what I see.
    isn't that a manipulation?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    isn't that a manipulation?
    There is a difference between manipulating the scene to make a scene which isn't real, which I don't do, and controlling your equipment to produce what your eyes see.

When I look at a scene, I see colors vary brilliantly and satuated - this is the way my eyes (and mind) perceive color. We all see colors and saturation differently - just ask someone who is color blind what they see.

This scene should be familiar to anyone in Australia. How many times have you seen the very spot done by other photographers? The scene is real, the viewpoint is real, the only thing subjective is its color and saturation. That is a personal perspective.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a difference between manipulating the scene to make a scene which isn't real, which I don't do, and controlling your equipment to produce what your eyes see.

When I look at a scene, I see colors vary brilliantly and satuated - this is the way my eyes (and mind) perceive color. We all see colors and saturation differently - just ask someone who is color blind what they see.

This scene should be familiar to anyone in Australia. How many times have you seen the very spot done by other photographers? The scene is real, the viewpoint is real, the only thing subjective is its color and saturation. That is a personal perspective.
    excellent image Robert

but i've never seen that place, that view, that way.

how do i know it's 'real' and not just your interpretation or creation?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    excellent image Robert

but i've never seen that place, that view, that way.

how do i know it's 'real' and not just your interpretation or creation?
    You only have my word for it.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin