Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,487   Online: 841

Shooter
    Multi Format

Larry Fink came to where I work to take pictures

Unfortunatly, I knew nothing about it until his photographs were on display in our main lobby. I would have like to have met him and watched him work.

All of the photographs are on square format film (I presume iso 400 6x6 based on the grain) and look like they are printed on conventional silver paper (rather than ink jet). I can see some evidence of traditional 'spotting' on one of the negatives that had some dust on it..

Looks like most are with a 50mm WA lens (some, perhaps with a 40mm) and they have a somewhat remote off camera flash for lighting.

Its really nice to come into work and see some fantastic new analog B&W photography on the walls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool! He was my phto teacher in college - unfortunately, he didn't get along with the powers that be in the art dept so he was only there for a year. He used to shoot with a 35mm and a 30mm or so lens back then. He told us that you had to just get closer if you wanted your subject to fill more of the frame. He also did not do his own printing back then.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I knew Larry many years ago. At that time he was using a Mamiya TLR with a 50 or 65mm lens and a hand held flash. I even have (somewhere here) a photograph he took of me with that set-up at my opening. I ran into him about 10 years ago and he had a Mamiya 6 rangefinder on his shoulder.

A fun intelligent guy, and a great photographer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin