Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,374   Online: 731

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    Candida Höfer
    There was a HUGE exhibit of her work last fall at BYU's MOFA, I had never heard of her until then.
    The prints were HUGE! You almost felt like you were standing in some of the rooms they were that huge and grand in scale.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hadn't really discovered Diane Arbus until very recently when I looked through a book of her work. What an amazing eye for faces and scenes. She certainly looked for 'freaks', like those circus performers and transvestites and nudists. But even more amazing is how she took normal people and captured their most freakish moments. Even babies. I've never seen someone so effectively convey how weird we are, all of us.
    Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anybody mentioned Esther Bubley? -> http://www.estherbubley.com/

She's been a favourite of mine for a long time. There's something about her photography that absolutely captivates me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Influenced by many, but one of my favorites, Julia Margaret Cameron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicole,
    I think you mentioned her in another post but I have been inspired by Carol Jerrems courage and drive as a photographer. To achieve what she did in such a short life... Vale Street 1975 is an amazingly powerful image and is one of Australia's great photographs. Here is an article which summarises her life and contribution. The seventies were "my decade" (age 12-21) so many of her images have a powerful connection for me. (Man, I was really scared of sharpies in my teens!!)
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/film/t...455933362.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tony, yes Carol Jerrems was/still is very inspiring and her photographs are stronger than ever. I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary on her as a photographer, which was on the ABC (I think) a year or so ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    cindy sherman. her work really revitalized the movement in "constructed" photography, which had been out of fashion for so long. she is simply brilliant, her untitled film stills are among my favorite works. each of those photos are so beautiful and enigmatic, since you don't know what is happening in each scene. and she took the art of self-portraiture to an entirely new level.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin