Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,089   Online: 901

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bernd Becher died today

Apparently, Bernd Becher died today at the age of 75.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That's such sad news.
    I've greatly admired the becher's work for a long time now. Hope Hilla will continue to carry the torch!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    He actually died on Friday. I just found out about it on this blog here. I really just started to love their work. I even looked through one of their books late last week.
    ". . . photographing as a two-way act of respect. Respect for the medium and letting it do what it does best- describe. And respect for the subject in describing it as it is. A photograph must be responsible to both."-- Garry Winogrand

"Art is just a Series of Natural Gestures."-- John Marin

My Platinum Printing Blog

My WEBSITE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sad, sad news, for Hilla and all of us. I've always admired their work, and their influence is a lasting one.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's really sad news as I really like their work. Too bad I never ran into them on an industrial plant as they frequented Belgium too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin