Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,301   Online: 835

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Noel Graydon (gredden) 16/9/1971 - 7/7/2007

Noel Graydon, the Australian fetish photographer, died aged 36 last Saturday (7 July 2007) from heart failure. Discovering the perv scene in his 20s Noel became a fixture on the Sydney social scene, photographing the world of the alternative, the queer, the fetish folk and sometimes just the odd folk he found on the street. After some time spent as Master Venom, a professional dominant, Noel returned to his first love - showing in several local galleries with the exhibition “Liberty in Restraint”.

The title of the exhibition was to become the name of Micheal Ney’s documentary “Liberty In Restraint”, a journey through the Sydney perv scene through Noel’s eyes and his personal journey into addiction and back

More recently Noel’s photography had been featured in Skin Two (Cream, issue 55) and he had produced a series of fetish podcasts including an interview with Tim Woodward in Sydney, Australia

At the time of his death Noel was about to launch an exhibition at Abode, Melbourne featuring both classic images and new work from the past year.

He is survived by his wife Annette and his 2 children, Neisha and Zoe.

His talent, spirit, optimism and glib sense of humour will be missed by all those who knew him.

www.noelgraydonphotographer.com

~Steve
    The Lighthouse Lab

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Very sad for his family and friends. Condolences.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A sad shock! It seems only yesterday that Noel and I were shooting 8x10 nudes in Noosa National Park. It can't be that long ago that Noel cycled the 160 kilometres from Brisbane to stay at my place for a while. Hey, I still have and use the 90mm Super Angulon I bought off him for cheap. But time has indeed passed and it has been cruel.

I remember his first exhibition at Imagery Gallery Brisbane. My critique was negative. The pictures were not good but the style, humour, wit, irony, and chutzpah were great and the exhibition was actually a success. And the formula kept working!

I offer my sincere condolences to his family. Vale Noel.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin