Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,819   Posts: 1,581,648   Online: 831

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ingmar Bergman has passed away

Ingmar Bergman, one of the greatest film directors ever has passed away today. The films he made, many of them together with the photographer Sven Nykvist, have had a very deep impact and influence on me. Just to mention a few masterpieces: "The Seventh Seal", "Wild Strawberries", "Autumn Sonata" and "Fanny & Alexander".
    - A sad day indeed.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Large Format
    Indeed, some of the most beautiful, insightful, and important films ever made. A great loss.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    He'll be sorely missed. I think his stark black and white films were the best. Hopefully we'll see more released onto DVD soon. TCM will be running some of his flicks as a tribute. So North American cable & satellite subscribers take note.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rest in Peace.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah....a difficult year. I'm of an age that has to begin to face the loss of the heros of my youth. This year, the passing of Rostropovitch was difficult enough, but Bergman too....that's not good! In my twenties I saw every Bergman film I could see, which in NYC was not too hard to accomplish. They were the fodder of ridiculously enjoyable sophomoric debate and discussion with friends, and the sort of 'event' that made living in 'the city' enobling and exciting beyond measure. I think I will pour myself two fingers of scotch in his honor and spend a few wistful moments remembering the vitality of that era.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm a big fan of his work and will always be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I agree - a GREAT loss. He and August Strindberg were major influences on my concept of the world. In reading about Bergman's death, I tried to reflect on which of his works was "my favorite" - Wild Strawberries, The Seventh Seal, Persona ... so many more.
    I could not choose one. Each was significant in its own way.
    A true pioneer in Cinematography - one who had lifted so many out of the swamp of "formula" ennui.

The Art world should drape their frames in black as a sign of mourning.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

don't forget Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post
    .....A true pioneer in Cinematography - .......
    The Art world should drape their frames in black as a sign of mourning.
    his collaborations with Nykvist (sp?) were most significant..... gee, another significant influence from my youth gone to god......

wayne

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin