Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,004   Online: 1036

Shooter
    35mm

How was thing image composed?

hi i love this picture and would really want to take same stly image... how was this image composed?

any help appriciated

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Looks like a low wattage backlight against a black background. Try a flashlight behind the head with something to diffuse the light a little.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Looks to me like two lights with snoots, a hair light and a light shot up under the chin to just skim the facial profile, lots of underexposure and overdevelopment to make a very high contrast neg. Classical lighting, not done with Sofbox or Umbie.

May also be shot/transferred on Kodalith film.

If you like this style, search for an Amphoto book, Darkroom Magic by Otto Litzel. Lots of this kind of photography. High contrast, solarizations, bas relief, etc.

Fred
    Last edited by Fred Aspen; 08-20-2007 at 07:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like one of those things from the back of a matchbook cover. "If you can draw this, you can be an artist!"

The light does look like low, kinda just below the chin line and pointing up a little. And some light skimming the head.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Doesn't quite look like backlight to me - more like either a thin strip of light, or "painting" in a single narrow line.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin