Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,968   Online: 742

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't know the gentleman; apparently his presence and noteriety on APUG precede my joining.

I fully concur that no one's personal contact info should be posted to a thread such as this. When I asked for someone's the other day; Sean was good enough to give it to me - but via PM; not in the thread.

If someone has such info, and feels a responsibility to want to pass it on to others - it should be done via a PM or e-mail.

We love you, Eric. And we're all still rolling on the floor about your nekkid man shot; but I saw the post that was deleted. Rather than providing the info you did - you merely had to say "PM me for details" and that would have taken care of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i wish jay a speedy recovery from whatever his affliction.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I stumbled on to this thread tonight which asks the same question (back in June). Some light shed but not much.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A good guess (based on statistics) is that he is getting a divorce.

Another guess is that he has gone dig....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whatever the reason for Jay to give up photography is irrelevant as far as this forum is concerned, it is his private business. I had my differences with him just as many others here did but I wish him well and hope that the tragedy he is experiencing turns out to be less serious than first thought.

Come on folks please stop bickering about this, give some time to think well about and for Jay and return to making photographs as well as exchanging tips, ideas and encouragement to all who visit APUG.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    This site is heavily indexed by search engines so these personal details would be linked everywhere likely against someone's will. This thread is already indexed in google and yahoo. search google for "jdef" and it's the 2nd hit..
    'Scuse me for asking a dumb question... but are the contents of PM's available to these search engines? If, as suggested in another post, Eric offers to give more information on this person in a PM, would said PM be "safe" from search engines?
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The PM's are definitely private, no PM content is indexed or publicly available..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    I have been getting all kinds of PM's from people who feel empathy for Jeff but are afraid to post to this thread as they feel their post may be butchered or deleted. Some fear future retribution if any positive things are said about Jeff.

This saddens me. What has APUG come to?
    Well some here fear their film will get ruined taking it through the carry-on x-ray machine too ... Indeed, what has APUG come to?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art;

What about people that are afraid of chemicals?

As to the rest;

I talked to Jay on the phone last year. He was interested in my workshop but could not attend for one reason or another. He was quite interested in my super fix among other things and we had a very nice discussion.

I have found no problem with him, but the matter of his interactions in public here are none of my business and out of my hands and so I can make no reasonable comment.

I wish him the best along with his family.

PE

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    his private business is none of ours. give it a break folks.

i don't really know the fellow, but it is sad when one has to give up a passion and for this reason alone i wish him well.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin