Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,404   Online: 737

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

jdef - personal tragedy

It is with some sadness I stumbled across the following post on Jay's 510 Pyro Blog. While some may have had their differences with Jay, he is/was certainly passionate about his photography and helping those that are interested in his version of Pyro.

I think as a community we could set personal differences aside and wish Jay the best of luck and express our concerns and hopes for a speedy resolution to his situation or at least the strength to get thru it.

Quote:

I recently sufered a personal tragedy and can no longer practice photography. There is a lot of information on 510-Pyro at photo.net, apug, and Tuan's Large Format site, posted by me, or other users. There is a small but growing community of 510-Pyro users, and I'm sure many would be happy to answer questions and share their experiences. I'm sorry I can't be more help. Good luck.

End Quote:

Does anyone have any further information or some way to contact Jay via phone?

This is truly sad. My prayers go out to him and his family.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thread moved to "Photographers".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have tried to email Jay a couple of times at an address where we previously had private correspondence - the email didn't bounce, but I've never gotten a reply. I hope that he and his family are OK.
    juan

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Does anyone have any further information or some way to contact Jay via phone?

This is truly sad. My prayers go out to him and his family.
    Perplexing. I would think that photography in one form or another as an expressive medium is the one thing that someone would want to have to fall back upon when facing adversity. You can't express compassion in a vacuum...

Shooter
    Large Format
    <edit>

Sorry to hear about his misfortune.
    Last edited by jd callow; 09-04-2007 at 10:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: posting personal info of a nonmember
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Perplexing. I would think that photography in one form or another as an expressive medium is the one thing that someone would want to have to fall back upon when facing adversity. You can't express compassion in a vacuum...
    A rather perplexing position I must say. Who knows maybe he's blind, but I have no idea. Why do you find it so hard to express or feel any type of compassion without knowing the details?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well well well, our little community certainly has changed. It seems some people just can't bury the axe except in someones back.

I have been getting all kinds of PM's from people who feel empathy for Jeff but are afraid to post to this thread as they feel their post may be butchered or deleted. Some fear future retribution if any positive things are said about Jeff.

This saddens me. What has APUG come to?

I can full well imagine the headaches Jeff gave the moderators but come on people he's a human being in pain. Show a little compassion. I must say I have suffered the crossbow shots from Jeff as well, but I feel I can look at things on a bit higher plain, and still relate to his suffering on a human to human level.

Maybe it's true what others say about us (APUG) on the other photo web boards.

Oh ya and don't dare post the address (even just the city) of some photographer you might know that is giving courses or workshops on analog photography if they are not an APUG member. That it seems is against APUG regulations.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A rather perplexing position I must say. Who knows maybe he's blind, but I have no idea. Why do you find it so hard to express or feel any type of compassion without knowing the details?
    Eric: I can't speak for others, but I don't know what to express. When you subtract the sentences about the website and Pyro, we are left with this:

"I recently sufered a personal tragedy and can no longer practice photography."

That's really pretty cryptic. You, perhaps, knew him better, and feel some concern. But your original post was asking if anyone knew more information, and I sense that the lack of response to this thread is a sign that this is all the community is asking, since no one apparently knows. I could be wrong.

I don't wish jdef ill, but I don't know what to wish for him. Somehow, just writing "best wishes" on an internet forum just doesn't seem to do it.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well well well, our little community certainly has changed.

This saddens me.
    Yes, yes it has. And it saddens me, too. Probably for different reasons than you, Eric, but the site isn't what is was.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well well well, our little community certainly has changed. It seems some people just can't bury the axe except in someones back.

I have been getting all kinds of PM's from people who feel empathy for Jeff but are afraid to post to this thread as they feel their post may be butchered or deleted. Some fear future retribution if any positive things are said about Jeff.

This saddens me. What has APUG come to?
    I can only wish the best for jdef. Not knowing his situation it is a bit hard to do anything more than have sympathy for him.

I too am surprised, and disappointed, that already we are having responses edited or outright deleted. Surely, they weren't that bad.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin