Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,308   Online: 867

Images

Walter Rosenblum

Oh my gosh! His work is just what I love ! ! !

I just saw a documentary, made by his daughter, about the life and work of Walter Rosenblum.

I will look for something in print. Maybe there's a book of his works? I'll google him.

There are dvd's of this "Walter Rosenblum: In Search of Pitt Street" that are available for $20. Have a look. Fantastic!

Janet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent to be sure... unfortunately there was the Lewis Hine controversy that clouded his later years. Shook the fine art photography world and several of its top dealers. A very interesting read (PDF) if you were not aware. If you bought a pristine Lewis Hine.. say a "Powerhouse Mechanic" in recent years, you may want to look again.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Excellent to be sure... unfortunately there was the Lewis Hine controversy that clouded his later years. Shook the fine art photography world and several of its top dealers. A very interesting read (PDF) if you were not aware. If you bought a pristine Lewis Hine.. say a "Powerhouse Mechanic" in recent years, you may want to look again.

Thanks for sharing this info Bill.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you enjoy Walter Rosenblum, you may also enjoy Milton Rogovin:http://www.miltonrogovin.com/home.php

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Thanks for sharing this info Bill.
    Interesting stuff, eh? A good friend had involvement in this and started carrying a little pocket black light with him to see if early "vintage" photographs would fluoresce. Ironic that Rosenblum prints of Hine's work will become collectable at some point anyway.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin