Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,485   Online: 1226

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just love is website. www.clydebutcher.com I find myself visiting it from time to time just to be inspired again. He seems to be very passionate about both Florida and LF photography, and it's cool how his wife shares what they do in an on line journal.

dgh
    David G Hall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen it, and it is excellent. I go there from time to time when I need a reminder of what the good stuff looks like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I read a comment where he is described as the Ansel Adams of the Everglades.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Clyde Butcher nearly broke several years ago. Most of those really large prints he is famous for were on RC paper and they started to go bad. He has had to replace all of the prints. Especially for the State of Florida.

lee\c

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    first line of that last post about Clyde is supposed to read "Clyde Butcher nearly went broke several years ago. I type to slow and my brain won't slow down.

lee\c

Lee,

What an interesting fact. I guess he's evolved a lot since then. But it's also kind of surprising given the depth his knowledge seems to be, and the commitment he seems to have to the darkroom, no?

dgh

David G Hall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read an article about him long ago. I was impressed with his fearlessness as he was waist deep in the swamp getting ready to shoot an approaching thunderstorm. I can't remember where it was I saw it though. Really good images, shows you can get really beautiful images anywhere you go. You have to get to know your subject well and be passionate about it. That gets my respect anytime.
    Gary Beasley

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    yeah, that is what is on the street so to speak. I don't know if it is true, I think it is. Coming from the source that has never been known to lie, I would say it is true. It is said that he replaced all the bad prints at no cost. If he did that, I am impressed. I have a video of him teaching a workshop and all he really talks about is Wisner and Super Angulons.

lee\c

Lee,

What does he say about Wisner? In looking at his site, it seems he's all about Deardorffs.

dgh'
    David G Hall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin