Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,026   Online: 1165

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Volker Seding just passed away

Just received this notice from the Stephen Bulger Gallery:

"It is with great sadness we report that on Sunday, October 21st, Volker Seding passed away after a bout with cancer.

One of Canada’s most admired photographers, Volker’s prolific career included many different photographic projects connected by a common aesthetic that is sculptural, precise, and always beautiful.

The family will hold a private service next week; there are plans for a public memorial in a month’s time."

I saw an exhibition of Seding's work last fall in Toronto. He was until now working on photographs of animals in zoos, and they were the most sad thing you could imagine for these beasts. His prints were massive and detailed (he printed large format on FB), of beautiful craft, to render with impact his vision.

Here is a link to the "Animal Kingdom" series:
    http://www.bulgergallery.com/dynamic...imal%20Kingdom
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I have seen a couple of shows of his work,mostly his panoramic work, He will be sadly missed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin