Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,493   Online: 645

Thread: Hag

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hag

Many years ago I recall seeing a couple of remarkable composite prints, with no information either about the photographer or the technique that created them. Out of the blue, the photographer contacted me recently on another matter and I discovered the images when I looked at his web site. They are so unique and beautifully executed I thought I should bring them to the attention of the APUG community.

The photographer is Hag, and his web site is at http://www.hagsphotography.com/. The particular image I remember is on page 3, middle row, left hand thumbnail. Eleven negatives were used in its creation.

Do have a look
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An amazing body of work!!!

Cheers,
    Bill
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That would be the first person I have seen with a comparable style to Jerry Uelsmann, quite the artistic flair.

Took me a while to figure out how to get the information from the site regarding the amount of negatives for each picture.

I would be interested to know if he has a bank of enlargers like Jerry did.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The "book end notes" page has the details - it says he uses 9 enlargers. If you click on an image (not the thumbnail) you'll find some notes about it.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I would be interested to know if he has a bank of enlargers like Jerry did.
    From the "Book End Notes" on his site:

I use nine enlargers; tungsten, condenser and cold cathode heads. Three large format, four medium format and two 35mm.
    Registration is achieved on a moveable specially made baseboard. Masking is possible at all points of the light path of the enlarger using line film (Agfa Rapidoline Ortho RA710p and Kodak Gravure Positive), photographic prints, opaque (painted onto glass), masking tape (black and white), lithographic tape, paper cut outs, matt box's and dodging and burning using all of the above or even a hand or two.

Pretty amazing work!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Formidable printing skill!

Murray

Images
    Whatever floats your boat, sweetie.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think I have seen versions of a couple of these in one or maybe two of my darkroom books. These being the very young Phil Daniels in a shot explaining how to achieve distortion in a face and the room with the sky, covering sandwich printing.

It's skilled and much be time consuming but rewarding. I like the last thumbnail pic which made me think: Why has he included a normal picture and then on seeing the full size version there's graffitti saying "Feeling normal today"

So nice touch of humour to go with the talent.

Thanks for the pointer to the site.I really enjoyed it

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin