Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,903   Posts: 1,555,827   Online: 757

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uni Assignment

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Uni Assignment

I've been given an assignment at uni in which I've got to find a professional photographer who uses traditional methods, specifically black + white and get a raport going as to why they shoot B+W negative images over colour/digital. Then emulate their work. I think this site would be a good place to look seeing as there are plenty of working professionals here. Ideally it'd be somebody in Britain, or even better Wales who is in the vein of documentary or landscape photography. Can anybody give me any ideas? Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    'emulating their work'? Why would you want to emulate the work of someone else?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you see this? It's not someone you can likely get to meet where you are, but this guy does explain rather fully why he's shooting film.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...14.12.28&lc=en

Edit: Right! The link doesn't work. Try this one:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...sed-kodak.html
    Last edited by jovo; 11-05-2007 at 08:59 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: better link??
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well not exactly emulate, but do something similar/your own take on it. That link won't work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Produce work in a similar style?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Produce work in a similar style?
    Yes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i'm on the same course and also looking for somebody, so if anyone can help me aswell with a photographer who does landscape mainly would be lovley.

thx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hey Jarv
    are you researching anywhere else? how about a library? just what have you been taught in your course?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi from old South Wales to New South Wales. I haven't done alot of research yet. Just looking through issues of B+W magazine and amateur photographer for somebody I like in the articles. I'll have a good route through the bookshelf in college this week. Techically I haven't been taught anything I don't already know yet, apart from learning to use the D-word. They're still covering the basics to get us all up to a similar level. I've learned alot from the historical and contextual side of it though and have a much greater knowlege and appreciation of photographers that have shaped the course of the medium now. I've also learned a fair bit in the studio as far as basic lighting set ups are concerned. We haven't got into the full swing of things yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes i agree with jarvman he learnt how to break a light last week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin