Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,820   Online: 947

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kenro Izu

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I can honestly say I've never had Lebanese cuisine but I'm looking forward to it. Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I am only an admirer of platinum prints. Robert is the real thing printing his 8x20 nudes. Never the less, seeing Kenro Izu’s work in person at the following put all those books and web sites to shame. Simply astounding and a must see on my schedule.

Last June at Bill’s Northern Michigan Gathering, Thomas Halsted of Halsted Gallery, showed us a wonderful collection of work for sale including some beautiful Kenro Izu prints at $2000 a pop. Tom Hinson, Curator of Photography at the Cleveland Museum of Art since the early 1970s referred to Thomas as that giant Abe Lincoln of a man who is as persuasive as he is honest.

One of the hosts at last year’s View Camera conference, an attorney whose name I have forgotten, invited us all in to his offices on the tour to see his photography collection. A whole conference room was lined with Kenro Izu prints. That was just a little humbling. Can someone help me with his name?

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    I can honestly say I've never had Lebanese cuisine but I'm looking forward to it. Robert
    Robert,

I believe the Dearborn area has the highest Lebanese population in the US. There is a restaurant that Dolly and I have visited on several trips to Dearborn that is spectacular. Bill and some of the other local APUG folk had a lunch there a year or two back, but I couldn’t make the trip. I am pretty sure we can tempt a few to join us. I will be surprised if you are disappointed.

John P.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    One of the hosts at last year’s View Camera conference, an attorney whose name I have forgotten, invited us all in to his offices on the tour to see his photography collection. A whole conference room was lined with Kenro Izu prints. That was just a little humbling. Can someone help me with his name?

John Powers

Paul Paletti?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by disfromage View Post
    Paul Paletti?
    Yes, Thank you. Were you there? Did you see that collection?
    Fantastic!

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    John. I'm there! Since you turned me on to his work " Sacred Places" years ago, I've been a great admirer of his work. A true master of the Pt/Pd print. Maybe we can talk Bill into meeting us for Lebanese and bring along some of his new ambrotypes/tintypes. It'll be like seeing two shows for the price of one. Robert

Shooter
    35mm
    Darn it, all this talk of Lebanese food is making me hungry There's at least one place locally - great lamb, shwarma, falafel, all on freshly baked pita and for dessert a very interesting baklava that has a citrus flavour...

Anyway, back to discussing the photographer...
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Yes, Thank you. Were you there? Did you see that collection?
    Fantastic!

John

John, I was there about a year before the VC Conference and was stunned when I saw the room of Kenro Izu prints. I remember them as gravures, is my memory playing tricks with me? I'm going to be in Louisville next October and the Paul Paletti Gallery is on my list of things to not miss.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by disfromage View Post
    John, I was there about a year before the VC Conference and was stunned when I saw the room of Kenro Izu prints. I remember them as gravures, is my memory playing tricks with me? I'm going to be in Louisville next October and the Paul Paletti Gallery is on my list of things to not miss.

Richard Wasserman
    Richard,

I'm sorry. My memory is so old it doesn't even play with me anymore. I really can't say now which they were. We saw so many wonderful things that trip that specifics are a little blurred now.

John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin