Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,918   Online: 1023

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenro Izu

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Kenro Izu

I just saw an exhibition of his platinum/palladium 14x20 inch contact prints at the Rubin Museum of Art (its in NYC) and it was incredible! There is just an amazing confluence of intense location (Butan), sublime vision, and great craftsmanship. If your in New York I highly recommend it, this is one of the best exhibitions I have ever seen and i definitely will be going back.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The NY Times has a Review here I'll probably have to wait for the book Kenro Izu: Bhutan .

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    When I saw this work in Santa Fe it was displayed w/o glass. What a difference. The lack of glass allowed every little nuance of tone to be seen clearly. It is marvelous work, by the most dedicated photographer I ever met.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yeah, the book looked absolutely amazing, I wish I had the money to buy it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    this is off-topic, but at first I thought this thread was about "Dersu Uzala"...an excellent film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dersu_Uzala_(1975_film)

I'll clean my glasses while you all watch the movie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I love the part in the review where they state he is carrying a 300 lb camera. Kenro needs to talk to Richard Ritter about a new ULF camera. A 300 lb 14x20 is a wee bit heavy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume 30 pounds is more like it?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'm sure 30-40 pounds is more like. I think his custom built 14x20 was built by the late Jack Deardorff. I'm not exactly sure though so don't hold me to it. My previous post was just a feeble attempt at a little humor. I've been shooting ULF for a few years now so I'm pretty up on the logistics involved with using one in the field. Of course a 300 lb camera sounds so much more dramatic in the review. Maybe the author was weighing the camera and the Yak that was carrying it.
    Last edited by RobertP; 12-22-2007 at 08:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Izu's website lists the Bhutan book as available in 2007. I've done a search for it (including Nazraeli site), but appears currently unavailable online. His site does list Detroit & Washington, DC for next year exhibits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saw some of his work in London and was highly impressed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin