Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,488   Online: 790

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clyde Butcher

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Clyde Butcher

One photographer who inspires me. Read this interview article with him: http://www.doubleexposure.com/PTI_Butcher.shtml%22

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Agreed, Art. He's a very engaging and entertaining speaker as well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    did a seminar with clyde.it was very cheap or free cant really remember.he saw my nikon f5 and basically treated it as we would to a person at an apug event holding a digital camera.it was very amusing,all in all a very fun and informative event.i do admire him and his work alot.i was born in florida and lived there 36 years.i have always loved the everglades and surrounding areas.his images are amazing.very large.i highly recommend going to a show of his if you can.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Stopped in his place once when I was on the Tamiami trail.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been in love with Clyde's work ever since the 2002 OP Masters issue when there, along with some of his work, was a picture of him back in the Everglades with his 8x10 on a tripod in a dingy or some such smaller vessel. I remember thinking, 'This guy's got some.'
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since it's my wife's irrevocable plan for us to move to her hometown (Jacksonville) in Florida when I retire, I have come to not only revere Clyde Butcher for his work, but also as a guide to where to explore the state when I move there. Flat, rockless, and verdant, is new territory for me. Butcher makes it seem irresistible.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    One of my proudest possessions is a small (11x14) Clyde Butcher print that I bought in Key Largo a few years ago.

As stunning as his prints are, the story what led him to move to the everglades and drag ULF cameras through waist deep water is even more compelling.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    But Art, he's gone over to the dark side.

Jim

Images
    For Christmas I gave myself the Luminous Landscape DVD of the interview with Clyde about his vision and technique, along with a muckabout through his backyard swamp actually making pictures with the 8x10, and the darkroom where he prints those 8' silver and 18' digital prints. It's worth having for every wannabee photographic artiste!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    During the summer of '05, I made reservations to attend a seminar by Clyde Butcher at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum in Wausau, Wisconsin. I've always admired him and his work, so I jumped at this opportunity, even though it's 8 driving hours away. A day or two before the seminar, I had a surprise assignment I had to take care of and couldn't go. My brother, who lives about 45 minutes away from Wausau, took my place and said the seminar and the photographs were tremendous. He was good enough to get me a signed book by Mr. Butcher, "Seeing the Light". It was signed, "To Marc, Clyde Butcher, Art comes from the heart. 8/6/2005." His story and photographs inspire me, too.

Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin