Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,633   Online: 854

Thread: Michael Kenna

Shooter
    Large Format

Photo eye just sent me their latest newsletter and in it is the last book by MK. What wonderful photographs!!

If you are curious visit this link and check it out. ......

http://www.photoeye.com/BookteaseLight/boo...m?catalog=TR120

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jorge, Thanks for sharing this. Yes, I find his images captivating. He seems to be able to do it all. Oh well, maybe one of these days. Certainly something to strive for.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, awesome stuff.

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think most of us would be very happy with half his success. But if you look at what he has done and analyze his imagery, do you really have to travel to Japan to find similiar subject matter? I do not encourage cloning, but developing one's own vision.

That can be done be exploring your own back yard, county, state, parks, back alleys, etc, etc. Why waste time and emotions on the envey of anothers work? If you admire it, buy it. Artists cannot live on drools and accolades from admirers. Let it inspire you. But don't let it keep you from working with what is infront of you.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wow Very inspiring better get to work maybe those sky's to the U.S from japan by now.

T-man
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Michael Kenna's work will be on display at the Museum of Glass (www.museumofglass.org) in Tacoma, WA from October 4, 2003 to March 21, 2004. He will be giving a lecture at 2:00 on Saturday, October 11th. I hope to be there. The Gail Gibson Gallery (www.ggibsongallery.com) in Seattle, WA will also be exhibiting his work in conjunction with the Tacoma show from November 6th to December 24th.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin