Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,172   Online: 737

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Richard Learoyd - Colour Camera Obscura

I saw one of Richard Learoyd's prints today. He uses a camera obscura to expose unto big sheets of Ilfochrome. The results he gets are stunning.

Is there anyone else working like this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Leake View Post
    I saw one of Richard Learoyd's prints today. He uses a camera obscura to expose unto big sheets of Ilfochrome. The results he gets are stunning.

Is there anyone else working like this?

Vera Lutter will rent cargo containers, and leave the exposure going for a month. She displays the paper negative and does not make a positive.. I think they're conceptionally compelling but visually disappointing. Maybe that would change in person, but I doubt it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Learoyd makes portraits with artificial light, though the two I've seen were both still life. The first was a vase of flowers and the second (the one I saw today) was a human spine laid out on a table. Both were very visually compelling I'm glad to say. Apparently he has an exhibition on somewhere in London so I'm going to try and track that down.

Shooter
    35mm
    Similar, but not quite the same - I was at my local art gallery today and they had 2 related very large prints from an artist whose name escapes me - apparently he created a light-tight box and shone a projector through a chandelier, exposing some form of photographic material (the description was non-specific). Somewhat interesting crystalline formations and halo effects - not exactly something I'd seek out on my own, though.

For the life of me I can't remember the artist's name - the description specifically mentioned "camera-less photography" but my Google searches for that and anything chandelier-related are coming up empty...
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin