Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,863   Online: 893

Shooter
    35mm

How does he do that..?

Hello all,

I've always been interested in the work of David Loftus, he's primarily a food photographer but does portraiture and interior stuff also. His work always stood out for it's simple beauty, and his images seem to 'glow' somehow.. I can't attach a picture or link, but his website is www.davidloftus.com

Anyways that's what I was wondering about- that brightness and 'glow' he seems to achieve- does anyone who's seen his work know how he does this? His images look wonderfully bright to the point where they're just on the acceptable side of overexposure, and I think the effect is amazing. I know that he only uses natural light/reflectors etc, and a Hasselblad of some kind- very simple stuff. Is it something he does in the darkroom maybe? Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers~ Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    90% lighting. He's not afraid of the dark.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Is that interstate that put together this website, it's kinda hard to navigate.
    PBrooks

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin