Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,230   Online: 819

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gordrob View Post
    Kodak use to package Dektol developer in their Tri Chem Packs that were included in their kits targeted for beginners. ...

Gord
    I remember the Tri-chem packs. Graduating from those to "real" chemicals (those sold individually and in 1/2 to 1 gal size) was a rite of passage.

BTW, this might be of interest: http://museum.icp.org/museum/collect...pecial/weegee/

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have the trench coat, the fedora, the Speed Graphic, the Heiland flash, the bulbs, the film packs (!), and the uncoated lenses.

OF COURSE I'm in!

BTW - two of my holiday snaps from last years' trip to Italy in my gallery here were shot hand held. On colour slides, no less...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    I have the trench coat, the fedora, the Speed Graphic, the Heiland flash, the bulbs, the film packs (!), and the uncoated lenses.

OF COURSE I'm in!

BTW - two of my holiday snaps from last years' trip to Italy in my gallery here were shot hand held. On colour slides, no less...
    Ole,

I hope you don't wander around the oil drilling platform like that! No telling what the rig workers may do when the flash goes off

BTW - Eric is organizing a Wee Gee shoot out in Calgary on Feb 29. So far 3 so we will have a pack of press photogs - loopy leap year

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in, but I quit smoking, i'm too short to look good in a trench, don't own a suitable hat, I can't sync flashbulbs to my speed, and the only lens I have cam'd for the speed is in toronto. I suppose I can zone focus a 75mm or focus on an area of potential and wait for the show to begin.

Anyone interested in organizing a Vancouver outing?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey JD come to Calgary and bang elbows with the big dogs! What's this you quit smoking!!?? Geez that must have been tough for your sweetie LOL.

As Martin said the Calgary Large Format Users Group will be out in full regalia this coming Friday night. You will be able to hear the sounds of locust as we swarm unsuspecting denizens of the frosty Calgary night. I might even have to break out one of my cigars for the occasion.

The Tech IV is sitting on the kitchen table fitted out with Nikkor 135mm lens and Metz 45CT4 flash. I don't have a cam for the lens so will be zone focusing.

f8 and we'll be there!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I'm in, but I quit smoking, i'm too short to look good in a trench, don't own a suitable hat, I can't sync flashbulbs to my speed, and the only lens I have cam'd for the speed is in toronto. I suppose I can zone focus a 75mm or focus on an area of potential and wait for the show to begin.
    JD, think what WeeGee would be today and go modern. Baggy pants half-down the butt, grungy shoes/shirt, laces untied, cockeyed ball cap or stocking hat, plenty of visible piercings. And a wisp of goatee in place of the cigar. :rolleyes:
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    JD, think what WeeGee would be today and go modern. Baggy pants half-down the butt, grungy shoes/shirt, laces untied, cockeyed ball cap or stocking hat, plenty of visible piercings. And a wisp of goatee in place of the cigar. :rolleyes:
    And a D<whaterver>/<whatever>d in his hand? Oh the horror.

I did a little preseason warm-up shooting yesterday. It appears that I got some light leaks to kill. hrmph.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For true Wee Gee style I feel that shots should be taken at night. I know he did some manzie panzie put food on the table daylight shots, but the REAL Wee Gee stuff was done at night.

Come on don't be a wuss!! Do it in the dark!!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Any idea where we can get those "invisible light" bulbs?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Geez SKJXXXY!!!

I don't mean any disrespect to vagina's when I say, I think you shouldn't be so quick to pussy out.

Why not call it the WEEGEE challenge?
    Why not make it handheld?

I really like your original ideas best, and I don't think you should compromise your vision in order to make it seemingly more accessible. As long as you dont require a specific model of press camera, or require that we use original flashbulbs, It's already pretty gosh darn accessible!

We should use press cameras handheld!

I'm in!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin