Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,655   Online: 850

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Any idea where we can get those "invisible light" bulbs?
    My Sunpak flash has an optional infrared head. I'm planning to try it out with some 120-roll film before I use my life's savings to buy sheet.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in. Tell me more!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think this sounds great, I'd even outfit my Crown Graphic with a lens to participate! I too like the handheld idea/restriction and am indifferent to a flash requirement. I think instead of official jurors it would be great to have everyone who submitted an image vote -a jury of peers so to speak....

if you want to try out the first round w/out going to the trouble of setting up a new forum/url/gallery, I'd be happy to be a 'test host' and use the f295 alt-forum section... while not *officially* an alternative process, I think hand-held press cameras are certainly bordering on it! could easily set up a new category for the images...... in the f295 fora anyone whose a member (free membership) can post images, only restriction is each can not exceed 100k.

either way, I"m in to participate in this... sounds like fun!
    Tom Persinger
    www.f295.org

The F295 Historic Process Workbook is now available on Amazon:
    The F295 Historic Process Workbook: 4 Processes, 6 Techniques, 14 Lessons

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Ironsights View Post
    I don't mean any disrespect to vagina's when I say, I think you shouldn't be so quick to pussy out.

Why not call it the WEEGEE challenge?
    Why not make it handheld?

I really like your original ideas best, and I don't think you should compromise your vision in order to make it seemingly more accessible. As long as you dont require a specific model of press camera, or require that we use original flashbulbs, It's already pretty gosh darn accessible!
    Check the original thread again. The original "Weegee" only vision wasn't mine. So I'm not pussing out on any of my visions. I've seen tons of great press work from the period done with large format press cameras that weren't by Weegee. He maybe be the most noted for using one, but he certainly didn’t have the monopoly on it. My vision when I brought this back up is more about the use of the gear in human interest photography where each shooter can pull whatever influence they want from Weegee, or any other press photographers of the period that they want to achieve their own vision, instead of forcing everyone to try and see with Weegee's eyes.

Though, I'm glad you started some discussion on it with those snide remarks. These are the details I want to work out before syaing "Lets go."
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    My Sunpak flash has an optional infrared head. I'm planning to try it out with some 120-roll film before I use my life's savings to buy sheet.
    juan
    I have a package waiting for me at home with hardware that will let me convert my flash to infrared. I just strait in with sheet film, but I'm pretty sure I'll be cutting sheets in half until I get everything calibarted.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The thread is "WeeGee" shootout, not some nice guy using a speed shootout LOL. While all you pussies are just sitting at your computers talking about it, I and a bunch of our LF crowd here in Calgary are actually going out tonight and DOING IT. Feb 29th, how fitting.

Just joking about you all being pussies. But hey if the fur fits ..... LOL.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Wee Gee Shoot Out photos posted to gallery. We had a great time out shooting last Friday night. I wish I had loaded up more film as you could tell there was weirdness in the air.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is all I got for now. I'd like to shoot for a May through July shooting period if possible. That should be long enough before hand to get our gear in order and take some warm up shots right?[/QUOTE]

Cool! I am in.
    We should shoot a little longer though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just catching up on my film processing. Here are a couple with the 4x5" Tech V from Chicago this past December 2007. I shot about 50 negs on this trip between Chicago, Honolulu, and Las Vegas, so I'll probably post more once I sort through them.

My little Tech V 23b is back from Marflex with lenses cammed, ready to shoot. I tested everything out this weekend, so I'll be taking it on our next trip to Hawai'i and Las Vegas this week and should have some new Weegee-style shots. After shooting the 4x5" version for a few years, this 2x3" feels so light and compact, and traveling with a toddler now it's nice to have a toddler-sized camera with the same functionality as the bigger one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CrownFountain,MilleniumPark,Chicago,JaumePlensa,27Dec2008.jpg   Self-portrait,ChicagoNavyPier,30Dec2008.jpg  
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Saw some nice wee gee prints in DC last week. BTW there are quite a few of us weegeeites shooting on a regular basis, hope to have a formal showing before the next decade...Remember the guy that recently covered a presidential election with a speed (or crown) ? He recently picked up a technika 4 x 5 in a local Las Vegas photo store. Wonder what that is all about? The weegee prints i saw in DC ( on display from a private collection) were fairly grainless.

Nice shots Dave!
    Last edited by Dave Wooten; 05-19-2008 at 12:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: apalun spelin
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin