Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,509   Online: 974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

studio assignment, food, portraiture, products

I've got to 'critically analyse' one food photographer, one portrait photographer and one product photographer that do studio work for my studio practice assignment. Any reccomendations as usual would be great.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Con Poulos for food.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    concerning the food photographer, I have read these articles of Michael Ray with great interest (I don't know how much you're into food photographing):
    http://www.foodportfolio.com/blog/#blog

G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could use Irving Penn for all 3.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Google "Ben Fink" for food - I think you'll be impressed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheers copake, nice stuff. That's one of the areas covered

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For portraits: Patrick Demarchelier, Jeanloup Sieff and Timothy Greenfield-Sanders.
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In regards to portrait photography I really like square format black and white stuff like horst p horst, but would like to look at work by someone who does something similar. I've just got a 135mm lens for my C330S and can't wait to try it out in the studio. I'll probably look for a 180mm lens in the near future
    Last edited by Jarvman; 02-22-2008 at 10:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For my final shoot where we had to choose one of the four areas I chose fashion which I haven't mentioned here. I went with punk fashion. Here's one of the photos I took. If you know of any photographers that might be of similar style that'd be a great help too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saztiny.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    For my final shoot where we had to choose one of the four areas I chose fashion which I haven't mentioned here. I went with punk fashion. Here's one of the photos I took. If you know of any photographers that might be of similar style that'd be a great help too.
    Craig McDean shoot/shoots 8x10 fashion, and he was also interested early on with the culture of the UK punk/skinhead. But there's nothing about his work that is dependent on large format; he uses digi too, and there's no difference in the printed page. Unlike say, Paolo Roversi, who's look is tied heavily with 8x10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin