Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,862   Posts: 1,583,175   Online: 718

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Robb Kendrick's 'Still': Cowboys at the Start of the Twenty-First Century

I just read Robb Kendrick's second book documenting the life of 21st century cowboys, Still. His tintype work is evidence of his technical proficiency of the craft. His 21st century aesthetic is a nice compliment to his 19th century equipment. His voice is fresh in a field more and more being crowded with poorly trained look a likes.

Rather than imbue re-enactors with the souls of history, he takes modern cowboys, who are familiar with jets and cell phones and captures their stoic glances that both reflect their acceptance of lonely life, and rejection of modern society.

Kendrick manages to avoid exploiting his subjects as freaks or novelties from a forgotten age, but treats them with the respect that is due what in the minds of many is living myth and symbolism. A must have for anyone who needs to round out their photo library.
    Regards>>>Will Dunniway. Tintypist

Signed copies available from Robb’s website: http://www.robbkendrick.com/
    Unsigned and much cheaper is through Amazon.com.
    http://www.amazon.com/Still-Cowboys-...5193001&sr=1-1

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just returned from an area in Texas where Kendrick photographed some of the cowboys and I have met and photographed some of the same guys. I talked to several that were photographed and all said they enjoyed the photographer and the process of being photographed.

lee\c

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin