Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,662   Online: 959

Shooter
    35mm RF

Joel Meyerowitz pointers wanted

I have a copy of Joel Meyerowitz's "Aftermath", which I think is great. The subject matter for those who are unfamiliar with it, is 9/11 Ground Zero and the clean up operation.

I have seen virtually no other Joel Meyerwitz work, and wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of some of his bodies of work that are of merit?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cape Cod Light is one of my all-time favorites. It has been a continuous inspiration to me.

Bay/Sky is boring.

St. Louis Arch really doesn't ring bells one way or the other.
    Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Phaidon published a Joel Meyerowitz book that spans his career, sort of a "greatest hits" type of book, in a series alongside many other photographers. These were published in small paperback and a smallish hardcover. It's an excellent book.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He's probably best known for his book Cape Light, and he also has some work from Tuscany that is very beautiful.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    As a guy who shoots portraits, I also liked Meyerowitz's book "Redheads".
    Neal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cape Light is certainly what Meyerowitz is famous for, but you should also seek out A Summer's Day, Bay, Sky, and his book on Tuscany.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought St Louis and the Arch for a friend many years ago (and wanted to keep it for myself). He's done a great number of books - 'Redheads', 'Cape Light'. You should be able to find him on-line and in your library.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin