Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,617   Online: 733

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Diane Arbus Photos at Christies

Christies NY is auctioning 50 Arbus photographs next week. Most appear to be printed after her death and signed by Doon Arbus. Should these command the high prices expected since they are not signed by Diane Arbus?

http://www.christies.com/features/ap...0/overview.asp

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm not a collector so, I don't give a damn. Let's see what the market says.
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think a print made by Diane Arbus sold for something like $500,000 a few years ago. So $20,000 to $30,000 estimate is probably reasonable for the later prints made by Neil Selkirk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, whether you're into buying or not, you can still go check the prints out. The week or days before the auction Christies opens to the public to view the goods, or at least this is their usual protocol; info should be on their site.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin