Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,190   Online: 686

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I forgot to mention, we have to charge VAT on the total at 17.5% and require a 33% non-refundable cash deposit with booking.
    Appointments can be taken for any time this summer; we're not very busy.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Forgot to mention that bookings should be made through our Lagos office.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd actually do it for a million even, Dave, but it has to be paid in Canadian dollars and cash. Funny, I too have an office in Lagos for this.

Seriously, if there is a sincere component of the original poster, you get what you pay for. I shot my own wedding photographs using a 35mm SLR, self timer release and a tripod.

I like John's link to the wedding camera store. Those are awesome. I want at least one of each they have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    I offer a film based service. My price starts at $1,250,000 plus expenses, which covers the basic turning up fee and the first 12 snaps. Additional films shot are $500,000 each, and I usually recommend 5 of these because they don't all come out; in fact, to be honest very few do. It's difficult to get good staff these days. Prints are of course extra, most people dispense with these because by the time Les has printed them the protagonists, sorry couple have divorced. You get to keep the negatives.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just an idea Roccky:

I am going to my mother in low home with my family. In my mother in low family also very big and I am Looking to find the best family portrait Photographer available in savannah to do a classic family portrait for me... Ideas?

Make a package deal and fly the "best family portrait photographer available in Savannah" to Northwest WA to shoot the wedding too. If this photographer is good enough for your mother in low's very big family, he/she might be good enough for your wedding, huh?

Good luck in your hunt, Roccky! :rolleyes:

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by roccky54 View Post
    We are t rying to save some money on our wedding by hiring a cheaper photographer. Any ideas? Our wedding will take place in the Northwest WA.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't take kindly to being under cut Thomas, it's not ethical.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    I don't take kindly to being under cut Thomas, it's not ethical.
    Easy, Dave. I recommend that you go ahead and undercut Thomas and seal the deal with Roccky. My suggestions: send your bank account number to Roccky so he can deposit the funds directly to your account. This makes things easier. You may wish to request payment in Nigerian currency so that there's no confusion re: the rate of exchange.

In the meantime I'm going to pursue shooting the portraits of Roccky's mother in low's very large family in Savannah. I may do it gratis - just for the experience of working with Roccky!

Looks like Roccky's need for photographers here covers both coasts! He's only made two APUG posts and both seek photographers to pay money to. What a guy, that Roccky!

Gene

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm ahead of you Gene, the deposit is promised any day now.
    In the meantime I’ve arranged to send our head plumbum technician around to Thomas to demonstrate the finer points of our business model from an equine view point.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fly me out there and pay for food, film and lodging and I'll do it for nothing!

Shooter
    35mm
    Got this this morning. Sent a reply as follows:

Hello sir/ma,
    i am Richard.Allan,my wife is Elizabeth Allan ,we have been married for 20
    years now and mark 20 years of our marriage,we will be
    celebrating this anniversary on the 24th in the,'Red Lion Hotel,161 West 600 South.then

program will last for just 3 hours,we
    will be needing your service for this period,we will be checking in a
    hotel very close to the venue above,as i write you we are in
    Ethiopia,addis ababa.. where we work and live ,i am a business man and
    my wife is a nurse over here,we will like to know your charges for the
    said period and will like to know how we can book you for this date
    without any interruption of any other commitment which you may have,let
    me know your deposit and lets draw an agreement as time waits for no
    one..
    Richard.Allan

Dear Mr Allan.

Thanks so much for your mail, congratulations to you and your Elizabeth for twenty years.

For a time such as three hours the rate is $650 . Howeveer I can find no date for the booking in you the coorespondens you sent to me. As I am a Polygamist, I have a few wives and I need to entertain them on various evenings. This doesn't Interfere with work, but I need to keep a schedule. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

J

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was thinking something in lines of one night with the bride... or the groom, whoever is more good looking.
    In the event that both look like dogs, the soul of their firstborn would be fine.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin