Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,322   Online: 932

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That pbs show I have but I'm looking for another one that I saw in the '80 in which we saw AA discussing techniques (microwave oven for drying prints) and anecdotes. It wasn't a film about AA from other's people POV and no technical explanations. And it was way more interesting.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I agree, it seemed much truer than the Rick Burns film for PBS. The title of the 1981 film is Ansel Adams: Photographer, produced by Andrea Gray and John Huszar. Andrea was Ansel's assistant for six years while Rick Burns had to rely on the likes of the late John Szarkowski and others. There was also a fairly brief, but interesting, TV documentary in 1957. It featured much of the extensive equipment Ansel toted around in an eight passenger Cadallic limousine with the famous platform on its top.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, much appreciated... haven't seen the Imogen Cunningham before so I look forward to watching when I have time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Ansel Adams

Great Post!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I know the program your looking for, it's called "Ansel Adams, Photographer." The producer was a woman who had either worked or interned for Ansel.

The Rick Burns show was more a 90 minute promo for the Sierra Club. BTW, the photo of Ansel and camera on the cover of the DVD was taken by Ron Partridge, Imogen Cunningham's son and Ansel's assistant at the time.

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Very nice, thanks for the link!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you for giving me the title of that film.
    Cheers
    Marc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Interesting. But would be nice if they showed AA darkroom.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    The "Portrait of Imogen" is copied from a recent DVD which is copyrighted by Meg Partridge, daughter of Ronald Partridge. I believe this is another infringement of copyright.

The others are likely in the same category, but I am positive about this one.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin