Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,638   Online: 1002

Thread: Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dorothea Lange

For some time now I have been inspired by Dorothea Lange on a personal level and as a photographer.

If you are interested in her work here's a link you might find interesting.

"Inspiration" is not a bad word or a license to copy, it's the freedom to dream and create your own legacy.
    Last edited by Nicole; 05-25-2008 at 12:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I learned a lot about her and the interesting and refreshingly open ended teaching methods used. Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link, Nicole. I can highly recommend Dorothea Lange: Photographs of a Lifetime published by Aperture in about 1982 or so. It's not in print any more, but not too hard to find, nor too expensive. It includes and excellent essay by Robert Coles. My husband gave it to me for my b-day this year; the reproductions are gorgeous, and gave me some great insight into her life and photographs. The book made me realize that though she made probably one of the most famous photographs ever, Migrant Mother, her whole body of work is very well seen, very beautiful, and quite thoughtful.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin