Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,229   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Jeff Wall - article and interview

An interesting article about, and interview with local photographer/artist Jeff Wall:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/s...8-19f7b847a605

I especially like the snippet: "Everything I've done starts from some sort of unanticipated intuition".

The sketches and photographs linked to the story (scroll down the right side for "Related Links") are interesting as well (particularly the sketches ).

If I correctly understand earlier posts made by Bob Carnie here, Jeff Wall is one of the largest users of Ilfochrome around.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice link Matt. Thanks. I've always liked Wall's work.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If I correctly understand earlier posts made by Bob Carnie here, Jeff Wall is one of the largest users of Ilfochrome around.

Matt
    Yes, quite literally. I saw an exhibition of his work in Vienna, and the size of the prints was massive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Yes, quite literally. I saw an exhibition of his work in Vienna, and the size of the prints was massive.
    I may be mistaken, But I think Wall uses more digital capture now then anything. Given the complexity of some of his compositions and massive amount of stitching required to create them. It is very possible that I am confusing Wall with another photographer. Either way his work is great.

Being able to make a living off your art without compromising your vision is damn near impossible. Congrats to all those who can have their cake and eat it too!

Yours:

Christopher J Breitenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This was probably four or five years ago, and I'm pretty sure at least a lot of it was Ilfochrome.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin