Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,839   Online: 1036

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brett Weston

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.lodimapress.com/html/BWestonPortfolios.html

The link above should get you to Lodima Press which is printing all the portfolios of Brett Weston. The printing quality is excellent.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Robert, I thought you might know Jerry. His 2006 book "Photography, History & Science" has a good chapter on Edward and Brett. I have not seen him since Brett's 80th birthday celebration, hope he is well.

Brett did make 20x24 prints, however not many. They were made quite late in his career. I bet Jerry's collection is a feast for the eyes!
    I got an email from Jerry saying that he is giving up photography. I think his health is slowly failing. He also never got over his cat passing. He loved that cat so much. Its sad. Jerry was working on a book on the new deal farm security Association. I hope he finishes it.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks, Robert, for the update on Jerry. Sorry to hear that he is not doing well. That thought had crossed my mind as I never heard back after congratulating him on his "Photography,History & Science book". By the way, the chapter on the Weston's is a good read for those interested in Brett and his father. Jerry knew Brett well and writes from personal experience, not from hearsay. So much garbage has been written by individuals who never knew Edward or Brett. Published by Carl Mautz Publishing, 2006, author Gerald Robinson.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Curt, I apologize for taking your thread in a different direction. I have been away for a few weeks photographing in Canada, and any mention of Brett gets my attention.

Mathias and I met in 1982 at Brett's home and share a similar love for the man and his photography. Thanks for making the link to his site.

Merg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No need to apologize, I know that I and a lot of members here enjoy hearing the personal stories and annotations. When I saw the Mthias site I thought I needed to share it with those who weren't aware of it. I still get a kick out of the Art Wright film where you are photographing at Point Lobos. That's a lot of bellows extension there. I was surprised to find that Brett found Oregon such a great place that he wanted to have a house there. I was in Newport, OR a month ago, the Oregon coast is a place of its own.
    Thanks all for such a delightful conversation.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great thread and links. Thanks.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I thought that some would enjoy the site, I see a Rollei and an RB, what he view camera is I can't tell. The RB gets a heavier wood tripod while the Rollei gets the lighter metal one.
    Thanks Curt, I was very happy to see the site..Evan Clarke

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin