Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,444   Online: 1009

Thread: Ultra LF

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heres a link to a story I found in the newsgroups in case you haven't run into it yourselves. A camera that gets 15 mpg.....
    http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,59929,00.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    go peanut go!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    so is the paper negative the final step or will he print through them to create positive contacts? (Is this possible, I'm not about sure the ramifications of paper negs)

wow!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Paper negatives are GREAT for contact printing. They often need to be flashed similarly to halftoning and gloss paper is better than satin or matte as the texture doesn't get in the way. You don't want "black" highlights or "white" darks, keep the contrast as low as possible, OR if that doesn't work, use a lower wattage bulb, farther away when contact printing the final print, OR lightly (do not include in the sqeezed paper neg/paper sandwich) overlary the contact frame with regular butcher paper, mylar, or even clean regular printer paper (depending on size) before exposing. I have used this often for b&w and am trying to perfect a color variation. I'll let you know if I ever get that figured out.
    Embrace **it! **it. . .just another name for fertilizer. . . Grow baby Grow!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin