Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,445   Online: 974

Images

Tina Modotti on Video?

Are there any videos from the old silent movies that Tina made in her Hollywood years?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Bill, I don't know of any on video; perhaps a search for "The Tiger's Coat", 1920 might lead to an archive. She was in a couple of other films, "I Can Explain" and "Riding with Death" around 1921.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Bill, I don't know of any on video; perhaps a search for "The Tiger's Coat", 1920 might lead to an archive. She was in a couple of other films, "I Can Explain" and "Riding with Death" around 1921.
    I wonder if any of these or any of her movies are around any more. Weren't many silent films made of stock that would lead to self destruction with time? They were fire hazards.
    You should contact UCLA film department. I understand that they are very active preserving old silents and post WWII films. Someone from there should have a good lead to her films.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin