Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,789   Online: 705

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Do you talk to Ansel often?
    I don't know if you are saying this to attack me or defend Ansel. I will assume you are saying this to defend Ansel. As I said I own his book The Negative. I have nothing against the guy. I am a hobbyist. I simply do not have the time money nor inclination to do everything Ansel espouses. I have no problem with him doing it. I'm glad he did it. I am a fan of his art and in my ill informed opinion he has done more for the field of photography than any other single artist I can think of. I'm still not going to run out and get a $300 spot meter tomorrow. That doesn't invalidate Ansel's technique. Me using an incident meter and getting on with taking my pictures is not a shot across the bow of Ansel.

Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    I suggest you see your optician.

You're clearly not a ballet dancer...
    Seriously man I am just giving my honest narrow opinion. I may have been a bit blunt. It's art. I was answering a question that really has no right answer. If people like his stuff that is their business. I like plenty of artists that other people don't like.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    I don't know if you are saying this to attack me or defend Ansel. I will assume you are saying this to defend Ansel.
    Why would you assume I was defending Ansel with that comment? I must be one of the few on APUG who doesn't go weak at the knees for him! I was teasing, not attacking.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anupam Basu View Post
    The "object" of art here is the obsession - not the photographs themselves. The photographs are merely pointers - they gesture towards that object. Precisely why I don't pretend to "get" contemporary art and confine myself to the renaissance. Less bullshit to put up with!
    haha, very true and just my way of looking at it.

I respect contemporary art, but I prefer Della Francesca to Nitsch and Mühl

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin