Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,100   Online: 1216

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    O.k. How is this for surreal......

My wife goes to a lecture for her work. The speaker is another nurse who has he last name Dykinga. A pretty rare name in this town, as well as a famous one. She was talking to her and casually asked if she was any relation to Jack. Turns out she is his wife.

Long story short, she invites us over. They are having a yardsale this weekend and Jack will be around so she said come on over and I could meet him and talk shop.

Cool, but I have to wonder what Jack would sell at his yard sale....
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Speaking of the yard sales of famous photographers, check out the photo-eye auctions where Joel Peter-Witkin recently sold a used enlarger--signed of course--for about three times what such an enlarger would fetch on eBay.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You mean, he got $6 for it?!!!!

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Speaking of the yard sales of famous photographers, check out the photo-eye auctions where Joel Peter-Witkin recently sold a used enlarger--signed of course--for about three times what such an enlarger would fetch on eBay.
    Yep, $1,225 bucks for a circa 1965 D2 omega enlarger with no baseboard....lol....

I remember reading somewhere that George DeWolf had a closet full of printers he had discarded in his search for the best one. Anybody wants to guess how much they would bring on auction and how long it will take...?...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hell, the CCP here has boatloads of old crap in the archives from all sorts of people.

But do you really want Robert Frank's spare tire from the car he used to make "The Americans"???

By the way, for $12,000 I'd like to see the mexican government get Witken across the border and prosecute his grave robbing ass......
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    I second the motion Robert....

Come to my yard sale but you won't find any photo equipment. Tho' I might take the opportunity to mount a few prints for sale.

I'm trying to clear out all those oh-so-'90s fashions my then-teenage daughters just had to have. Nope, they couldn't be happy with Levi's or Wranglers that someone else would be happy to own. They had to have Girbaud and whatever other brand that was hip then and passe now. Most of it probably won't sell - next stop, thrift shop.

Barbed wire and post hole digger anyone? My back ain't up to stringing fences anymore.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm curious, Hey Lex, does Fort Worth still have that big flea market? I used to go there all the time. I ended up with lots of "neat stuff". Some of it I had no idea what it was (farm stuff), but it looked cool

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The flea market I am thinking of is over on N University by the Jacksboro Hwy. You will need excellent Spanish to buy much there.

lee\c

I never bother with that flea market anymore because it's booth after booth of the same stuff, all discounted, off-brand, sounds-like knockoffs of clothing, notions, etc.

Traders Village in Grand Prairie is still supposed to be good tho'.

There's also a big trading day once a month in Weatherford. Haven't been to that one for a while.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin