Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,575   Posts: 1,545,710   Online: 741

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Not only is he a world class photographer, he is a world class individual. His warmth, caring and sharing nature exude from the moment you meet him. I for one could not ask for a better friend and mentor.
    I second that Aggie. He's been nothing but supportive to me and Black & White Photography since we very first spoke. The mono world is lucky to have him around.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Tonight was the last night Les will be here (for this trip). I will be handing this thread over to EricR to report on the further adventures. Life around Les is interesting. I have enjoyed every minute of it. Not only is he a world class photographer, he is a world class individual. His warmth, caring and sharing nature exude from the moment you meet him. I for one could not ask for a better friend and mentor.
    I too am looking forward to meeting Les this week when he arrives in Calgary. I must say, he's in for a bit of a shock regarding the temperature, especially today.

The forecast high is -16C, which is roughy 4F.

Good thing scotch doesn't freeze until around -200C, or -130F :lol: It may be cold here right now, but I don't think we're going to reach -200C!
    Cheers!

-klm.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Scotch is frozen solid at -45°C. I know, because I've seen it - a tragic sight indeed
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Scotch is frozen solid at -45°C. I know, because I've seen it - a tragic sight indeed
    Only -45C? Wussy stuff indeed :lol:

Me, I'll stick to whiskey.....
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I met Les last year, just for dinner and good conversation. His parting words to me were "It's all 'bout giving..." I keep that thought with me all the time now. His life is all about giving, and those who have the opportunity to meet him will learn of life and photography, music and love of life. He has a lot to give, just listen and learn.

Images
    I just uploaded a quick snap from the daytrip on Monday (Car craching into the sea day) to the non gallery photos section.
    hi!

Nice updates Aggie.

And Les was indeed quite the gentlemen and scholar as he'd like to put it We really hit it off and I'm quite going to miss our discussions! hear that Les?? hehe

I had a fantastic time in the workshop,and shooting in Big Sur and in SF. It was great meeting new people as well. Thanks to all for making the week a success!

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A quick, quick update before I pack my lunch and head down for todays workshop.

Saturday was a great success, lots of laughs, lots of learning. Les is certainly a great guy and it's been fun meeting some other locals.

I ran a roll through on my Rollei so unless the luck (bad) that was dogging me yesterday follows me to my own darkroom I should have some pics of Les while he's instructing to post..

Gotta run,
    Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin