Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,518   Online: 1031

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: !

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dropped Les off at the airport yesterday at 5:45AM. All is well. I have never meet a finer and more generous man. His booming voice and infectious laugh will be greatly missed in the house.

Both Erna and I miss him a lot.

Take care Les, we love ya.

Eric and Erna
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well the saga is over and I'm home, I've developed 30 rolls of 120 film and still have 6 rolls to do as well as 20 rolls of 35mm, not to mention 200 d****l images. I've posted a few early efforts in the gallery. The whole event was well documented in a most entertaining way by Aggie, so I'm not going to bore you with my version, suffice to say that most of the facts were correct but with a few embelishments by the lady but let's just call it artists licence.

What I would like to say is a big thanks to Aggie and Eric who organised their respective workshops and also thanks to the local apuggers in both areas who made my stay so memorable. Aggie, I appreciated your kindness and help in all that we did while I was in San Francisco. Eric, I miss the laugh and the dry quiet Canadian humour.

There are also non apuggers to thank, mainly Jerry who provided the darkroom in San Francisco and Erna, Erics better half, who provided a level of friendship and caring that I appreciated at a time when I really needed it. I asked Eric not to mention this in his posts while I was there but I received the news that my sister had died on the second day of the workshop. Eric, Erna and all those who attended the Calgary workshop helped me through the next week until I could get home, in a way that I will never forget. Hopefully, we can do it all again in the future although I will not be falling into the Pacific Ocean again especially with expensive digital cameras in my hand.

I have also got to the bottom of why I could not access apug from my computer, it was the McAfee Internet Security software on my computer, sorry Sean for all the trouble I've put you to in the past 2 months.

Having just got back into apug I will be missing for the next 5 days for I am off to Ireland tomorrow to do some more workshops.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Les, I am so sorry to hear about your sister.
    My thoughts are with you.
    Anne Marieke

Images
    Les, very sorry to hear about your sister. It was great meeting you in San Francisco. Please lock the door behind you... hehe
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Was also very sorry to hear about your loss (sent an email the other day). I hope everyone is doing ok.

So glad you got to the bottom of the apug access issue! I didn't even think about a firewall causing the problem because I figured 'why would Les have a firewall'? Atleast if this happens to anyone else I'll know where to look. You can't post your new pics to the gallery fast enough, I may have to sit in the gallery and hit refresh over and over

Welcome Back!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My condolences, Les. It sounds like you had a fine adventure and were surrounded with friends through your entire journey.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am sorry for your loss.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too would like to add my condolances.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Les,

Look forward to reading your posts and seeing your images once again. Sorry for the loss of your loved one. Peace.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin