Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,247   Online: 716

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I originally saw this movie in New York at a library. It was an 'actual' film (not a video!) and they had projectors already setup and everything. It was pretty neat. The film was actually a propaganda film shot by the U.S. Gov't to show conquered Germans how nice life in America was and that we didn't eat our dead, etc. That's why it's shot the way it is - no emphasis on E.W.'s art, just a portrayal of his lifestyle in the good old US of A.

Of little interest photographically, but interesting to see. I see they still come up on eBay once in a while and someone even sells them.

The Brett Weston DVD is GREAT. I also have a good video on Oliver Gagliani.

-Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd like to see the Brett Weston DVD. I'm more interested in his stuff than his pops. Been thinking about picking it up on Ebay.
    I heard there was going to be a movie based on Robert Capa's life. Anyone heard anything about that?
    The Rat

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Magic Rat,

PBS recently ran a Robert Capa documentary, I think on "American Masters". I thought it was good. Check with PBS. Maybe they can tell you when it can be viewed again in your location. I think PBS sells VHS tapes of most programs.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Rat
    I'd like to see the Brett Weston DVD. I'm more interested in his stuff than his pops. Been thinking about picking it up on Ebay.
    I heard there was going to be a movie based on Robert Capa's life. Anyone heard anything about that?
    The Rat
    I own both Weston movies. The Brett Weston one is pretty good, although he is kind of a mumbler when it comes to talking. IT is hard to pick out what he is saying in several parts.
    hi!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin