Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,412   Online: 781

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Spotted a few typos.

You mean Wynn Bullock, of course. One of my favorites.

Also, Lewis Hine, and Imogen Cunningham.
    Thank you Mr. Fact Checker! LOL!

My only excuse is the lack of sleep -- I printed a few silver prints and poured carbon tissue through the night until 6:30am and caught three hours of sleep before going over to see the photographs.

In photography, there is only one Imogen!

There was also a whimsical photo of a painter applying a brush way up on the Eiffel Tower -- forgot who the photographer was. I'll be heading over to the Museum again today, now that I have gotten more sleep!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Emmanuel Alverez Bravo. Found him sometime last year and was blown away. The guy photographs like Rembrant paints. http://www.manuelalvarezbravo.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just for you Vaughn, I was looking at this video.

Must buy some more of his books, one of my favourite influences.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Virna Haffer, discovered her at the Henry Art Museum’s show on the Seattle Camera Club. All the work from the show is from a very short period of time just before WWII, is of a pictorialist nature and most were done by Japanese artist. Virna was obviously on the road to surrealism and clearly very creative. Some of the work was done on Textura Tissue, just marvelous stuff. They also did postcards and they were worth a show by themselves.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Just for you Vaughn, I was looking at this video.

Must buy some more of his books, one of my favourite influences.

Ian
    Thank you, Ian. Thomas was my teacher at the university when I made the realization that I was photographing light, not objects. He almost kicked me out of his class due to an unfortunate choice of words I used -- and both of us working to over-come this misunderstanding brought us much closer together as mentor/student.

I have not seen Thomas for many many years, and it was so good to hear his voice and the passion that always powers it.

When Thomas was still a student at the university, he and another friend of mine, Bruce, were Imogen Cunningham's assistants when she came up to give a talk/workshop. At one point she asked Bruce, "Does Thomas ever shut up?"

The answer is, of course, no.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Diane Arbus, Sally Mann and Francesca Woodman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jay Maisel today.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last night: Paul Graham - American Nights.... 'capturing the loneliness and emptiness of gated communities vs life on the streets'
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He has captured a non-existent loneliness and false emptiness. In my cul-de-sac that looks just like that, there are people living relatively happy and prosperous lives inside those houses. The street is teaming with little rugrats who don't care whose yard they are playing in or whose toys they are playing with. It is a pretty joyous place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin