Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,519   Online: 867

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting the link to Joshua Lutz. I really fell in love with his Meadowlands work when I first saw some images in PDN about a year ago.

For me the images are a sort of a contemporary version of Robert Frank's The Americans.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Decided to start out the day looking at the work of Jerry Spagnoli. He is probably the foremost practitioner of Daguerreotype living today.

http://www.jerryspagnoli.com/Anatomi...piralhand.html
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very useful thread with lots of familiar, and for me, not so familiar connections. One person whose images I keep going back to is Michal Cala from Poland. Perhaps not such a fashionable style these days and hardly known outside Poland but worth a look if you like dark and expressionistic work:

www.michalcala.pl/en/artisticblackandwhite.php
    William Ralph Dean - Inspiration to four generations of my family

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GFDarlington View Post
    Very useful thread with lots of familiar, and for me, not so familiar connections. One person whose images I keep going back to is Michal Cala from Poland. Perhaps not such a fashionable style these days and hardly known outside Poland but worth a look if you like dark and expressionistic work:

www.michalcala.pl/en/artisticblackandwhite.php
    Thanks for the link. Connecting with the work of more obscure but talented photographers like Michal Cala was one of the reasons I started the thread.
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post
    And deservedly so!

Nice work

Stoo
    Stoo, thank you.

I took a look at your work, very good. Especially liked the English Lakeland series; "After the Rain" comes to mind as a favorite.

Shooter
    35mm
    Recently I think the most interesting photographer out there has been Christopher Williams

http://www.davidzwirner.com/artists/...ed_works_6.htm

also have been really digging Annette Kelm.

http://www.johannkoenig.de/inc/index...1&bild_id=1550

for those who are looking for interesting ways of taking new photographs (or at least thinking about the critical frame they sit in) I also really dig this blog called i heart photograph.

http://iheartphotograph.blogspot.com/

Most days I couldn't live without William Eggleston, Steven Shore, Araki, Terry Richardson, Diane Arbus and Robert Frank.

Shooter
    35mm
    im having that same trouble with william egglestone shawn. it drives me crazy that i like his stuff.

Shooter
    35mm
    Last weekend I visited the Australian Centre for Photography in Sydney - it was my first visit and I had a ball!!!

Exhibitions were by Chris Ireland ("Breathe"), Francesca Rosa ("Interior Disaster") and Edward Burtynsky ("Australian Minescapes").

Chris and Francesca also each did their "floor talk" and it was great to get into their mind and hear about their motivation, etc. It was also good to catch up with Francesca afterward and talk to her about her use of film (Rollei 6x6 with Reala) and catch a glimpse of her passion she's just so approachable and likeable.

I mainly went there because Chris is a mate (and cousin) and I wanted to show support for him at the exhibition, and to hear more about his "Breathe" series - as a bonus I found out a lot more about the killer we call "asbestos"

I can highly recommend these three artists, their current exhibitions and the venue as well

Regards,
    Gordon
    *Minolta Maxxum 7 *Minolta Dynax 600si Classic *Minolta Dynax 5 *Minolta X-300
    *Minolta 28-105 RS, Minolta 50/1.7 (AF & MD), Minolta 50/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300
    *A passion to capture God's awesome creation

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting work here by Michael Donner:

http://photoeye.com/Gallery/forms2/i...=PhotoShowcase

Read the artist statement. He describes his post exposure techniques to achieve his final prints.
    Last edited by Jim Chinn; 07-22-2009 at 08:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Chip Simons Bunny series caught my eye this week.

http://www.chipsimons.com/
    Valerie, thanks for posting that! I met him at the Cherry Creek Arts Festival here in Denver several years ago, and the bunny series was so much fun. I've been trying to remember his name for the longest time, but haven't been able to recall or find his site. Many thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin